The new ENGL Fireball design stresses the new sound character of the Fireball amp line. Compared to the E 625 60 Watts version, the NEW Fireball 100 features a darker, lower midrange focused tone. The new added Midrange Boost (which can be controlled via footswitch) plus the Bottom switch will add that special fire to your sound. Well dressed gain structures allow any sounds from crystal clear, cripsy crunch, fat Rock rhythm or Heavy Metal riffs to searing lead lines. With 100 Watts of pure 6L6GC power amp fury, the Fireball 100 delivers more punch than ever before and satisfies the needs of the modern guitar player – even on the biggest stages.
Fireball 100 – more tone, more punch, more Fireball than ever before – burn up the stage and feel the heat! The ENGL Fireball 100 guitar amp head offers all essential sound features in addition to a practical, clear layout for all players who appreciate straightforward structures.
In its cool “black magic” optical appearance the amp delivers a mighty bottom end punch well suited for playing power chords and solos with precise accentuation, courtesy of its powerful 6L6GC-100 watts poweramp. Sparkling clean sounds and every imaginable nuance between Clean and Hi Gain Lead tones belong to the repertoire of the Fireball 100 amp.
Other trademark ENGL features include: * two Master volume controls A and B, *electronic poweramp monitoring * and a variable / switchable FX Loop. Additionally, the sound shaping features Bottom and Mid Boost lets you reinforce ingeniously this particular pressure in low-end and the low-mid frequency range, thus expanding the amps’ tonal spectrum. ENGL improved another important audio kink – an adjustable noise gate for the Lead channel.
Old world craftsmanship and highest quality components are part of what makes ENGL amps so special and the Fireball is no exception. On that note, please read and heed the guidelines on handling all-tube amps. You’ll find them on the last page of this manual. The ENGL team is convinced that the Fireball amp will delight and inspire you – just plug in your guitar and play!
• Clean and Lead Channel featuring separate Gain controls
• Bright switch for the Clean Channel
• Bottom switch (Clean & Lead) that adds low end punch
• Passive EQ: Bass, Middle, Treble
• Lead Volume control for precise level tuning
• Mid Boost switch (Clean & Lead), remote controllable via footswitch
• Master A and Master B for two different power amp level settings, remote controllable via footswitch
• P.T.M. (Power Tube Monitor) system: failure indication via LED for each power tube
• Stand By s
• 2 x 1/4″ Stereo jacks for connecting a ENGL Z-4 footpedal: Clean / Lead (channel switching) & Master A / B, Mid Boost & FX Loop off / on
• Noise Gate Threshold controls the Gate’s attack
• FX Loop equipped with a Balance control, FX Loop off / on, remote controllable via footswitch
• Power amp Output 4 Ohms, 8 Ohms (2 jacks) and 16 Ohms
• 100 Watts tube guitar amp head equipped with a matched set of four 6L6GC power tubes
• Four ECC83 (12AX7) preamp tubes